SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#97782 - 04/22/02 03:37 AM Re: Are "Tune1000/midi-Disk`s/ W-lyrics" the same as .kar
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi MacAllcock,
I have a "Macintosh", so there isn`t much out there for software and what is avalible is very limited, Thanks anyway !!!
I suppose I could try a "pc-emulator" program But I wanted to "hold-off" until I up-graded to "OS-X" and that wont happen for a while have to wait and see what happens at "MacWorld" in July. From what I here , now that they have there new iMac, OS-X and G5 should be top-billing!!
Like all computers just when you thought it was safe to "boot-up" they change things, hahahaha!!!!!
jedi

#97783 - 04/22/02 09:12 AM Re: Are "Tune1000/midi-Disk`s/ W-lyrics" the same as .kar
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
The "Mac" was the original music computer.. so surely some of our friends can come up with something...

#97784 - 04/22/02 03:14 PM Re: Are "Tune1000/midi-Disk`s/ W-lyrics" the same as .kar
jedi Offline

Hi MacAllcock,
Your right, when I had a "PC" (pre windows), If you wanted to do anything at all with music you had to have a "Mac" now it`s all "Windows". I think it`s because as "PC" users grew they wanted what "Mac-users" had and "software&hardware" makers listened. I think in time "Mac`s-&-Music" will be back at a price thats resonable. Scott had refered me to "Digital Performer", very good and very $$$ also there is "Sibelius" a very good notation program but also $$$ so there is software out there but to spend that much for, at least right now, is not in the cards. If I had a really nice KB then "ya-what -the -heck" I`d go-for-it but right now my only midi KB is my 2000
But that too will change,in time!!!!
Then I`ll probably buy both
"Put`n up with the 2000"
jedi

#97785 - 04/22/02 04:51 PM Re: Are "Tune1000/midi-Disk`s/ W-lyrics" the same as .kar
Louis-Simon Ouellet Offline

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
hello

for the mac you may want to look at "melody-assistant" or its big brother "harmony-assistant" available: http://www.myriad-online.com/enindex.htm

it will allow you to make conversions from midi files with lyrics to .kar which is midi with text. of course will do .kar (midi-text) to .mid/w lyrics. thay are almost the same but some software wont take one or the other, but the psr-2000 reads both.

you can find good links to files on my web page (in my profile) but last time i posted my website it got erased.

Simon

#97786 - 04/22/02 06:20 PM Re: Are "Tune1000/midi-Disk`s/ W-lyrics" the same as .kar
jedi Offline

Hi Simon,
I`ll check it-out, thank you for the link
and thank you for your help!!
jedi

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online